Leadership, Education & Outreach
- SMI has three members who are fellows in the American College of Radiology, one of the highest honors the American College of radiology can bestow on its members. In addition, we have recognition as a fellow of the ACR, demonstrating a history of service to the College by organizing Radiology, teaching or researching. Approximately, 10% of ACR members will achieve this distinction.
- We feature two former presidents of Illinois State Radiology Society.
- Our team consists of a current board of trustees member and a president of medical staff at Pekin Hospital.
- We feature a former president-elect of medical staff at St. John’s Hospital in Springfield.
- Our team contains an oral board examiner for American Board of Radiology.
- We have active participants in medical education who provide one-on-one teaching of medical students and family practice residents. In addition, we have specialists who do monthly lectures to Radiology Department technologists